Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Message from Anne

I've been thinking lately how important it is to read scripture and that lately I have not been as faithful as I should be even though I know that God has spoken to me so many times through scripture in both powerful and quiet subtle ways. I thought maybe it would help all of us if one prayer meeting a month we shared on scripture verses that really spoke to us. We could tell what God has shown us from the past and the present. It may be about help God has given us in a tough time or it may be an enlightening or sudden understanding about the greatness of God or whatever!

I mentioned this idea at the last prayer meeting and got a very positive response. I suggested doing this the first Monday of each month. However, I'll be on vacation that week so perhaps we could begin at the July 28th meeting.

Also, if someone would like to write about a meaningful scipture and post it on our blog that would be great. If someone doesn't want to post something themselves they could e-mail it to me and I would be happy to post it. God does great things and many times He uses scripture. Let's open our bibles and help the Holy Spirit give us treasures and words of wisdom.

God bless you all! Anne

No comments: